Wednesday, November 25, 2020

Bonding at Bond Falls – blog post #7 from the family vacation

Pretty much anyone who has gone waterfalling in Michigan’s UP, or just plain gone out to do anything in the great outdoors of the UP, or even you couch potatoes who have been dragged out of the house by your spouses so you could see a waterfalls up close – each of you has probably been to Bond Falls, near Paulding Michigan. Maybe you’ve been to the Paulding Light even, but that is a whole different story.

So there we were, my kids, my grandpuppies and me, visiting our second waterfalls area of the day on that rainy Monday of our family vacation the end of September.

I don’t like Bond Falls. There, I’ve said it. For reasons such as this. 

 
And that there are always too many people there and I want to explore unhindered.




So we went off the beaten path, following the sketchy path up to the dam and back down the other side.


It is a beautiful area and I should be thankful that it was as wet out as it was as that probably kept some of the people away. People who always stay on the safe side of the fence with their umbrellas and expensive cameras and designer dogs.
And I really shouldn’t complain about any day which I spend with my kids. 



And the grandkids. 


 

No comments: