Sunday, November 29, 2020

Giving Thanks for God

   Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you. (1 Thessalonians 5:16-18, New King James Version)

   On Sundays for the month of November, I’ve been sharing the things which I am thankful for – the people and places which I am so blessed to have been given.

   Give thanks to the Lord and proclaim his greatness. Let the whole world know what he has done. (1 Chronicles 16:8, New Living Translation)

I wouldn’t have any of these without God, the Father Almighty. He is the Giver of all things good and right in our world.   

   That my soul may sing praise to You and not be silent. Lord my God, I will give thanks to You forever. (Psalm 30:12, New American Standard Bible)

The greatest gift, however, which God has given us is His Son Jesus Christ, who died on the cross to save us from our sins. No matter what we have been given in this life, that one gift is all we really need.

   But thank God! He gives us victory over sin and death through our Lord Jesus Christ. (1 Corinthians 15:57, New Living Translation)

We cannot thank God enough for the gift of eternal life.

And so I say again, thank You, Lord God, Heavenly Father. Amen

No comments: