Sunday, November 15, 2020

Giving Thanks for Family

    Children are a gift from the Lord; they are a reward from him. (Psalm 127:3, New Living Translation)

 During this pandemic, probably not many families have been getting together as much as they used to (which is good for preventing the spread of coronavirus, but not so good for any of our emotional well-being). I’ve been blessed to stay in touch with my kids, and we had a nice time together last weekend.

    Direct your children onto the right path, and when they are older, they will not leave it. (Proverbs 22:6, New Living Translation)

 
I can’t take any credit for how my son and daughter turned out, but I am certainly proud of them. All the work they have both done in Africa would bring tears of joy to any momma’s eyes. They are both amazing and I thank God every day that He gifted them to me.

   “Through bitter tears, And wounded years, those ties Of blood were strong. And when lightin' strikes the family, Have faith, believe.” (written by the band Journey)

No, our lives together have not been perfect, not ideal. I struggled a lot with the decision I had made to divorce their father, and I prayed a lot before marrying their step-father. Speaking of which, I thank God that He sent that wonderful man into my life, giving me a second chance at marriage.


   So I bow in prayer before the Father from whom every family in heaven and on earth gets its true name. (Ephesians 3:14-15, New Century Version)

I truly am blessed to have a caring family, surrounding me with their love.

LORD, God, my Heavenly Father, thank You for the great gift of my family. And for the knowledge that I will rejoin the rest of my family in heaven one day. Amen.

No comments: