Sunday, November 22, 2020

Giving Thanks for Health

 Lord, you are my strength and fortress, my refuge in the day of trouble! (Jeremiah 16:19, New Living Translation) 

When you look at the above verse, and the one below, you may remember that my word for the year is “Strength”. Who knew, back on January 1, how much we would all need strength this year? 

 He gives power to the weak and strength to the powerless. (Isaiah 40:29, New Living Translation)

Well, of course, God knew. Why He didn’t stop this pandemic before it even got going would be something else that only He knows.  

 And it is a good thing to receive wealth from God and the good health to enjoy it. To enjoy your work and accept your lot in life—this is indeed a gift from God. (Ecclesiastes 5:19, New Living Translation)

So, this month, in honor of Thanksgiving, I’ve been sharing with you what I am thankful for. This week, I am thankful for the strength of spirit and body which God has given me. I’m thankful that, overall, I am in good health. Yes, I have my share of aches and pains, and they seem to be multiplying with each passing day, but I can still keep up with pretty much anybody else my age (and sometimes even younger one). 

Thank You, God, for my health and for a strong body and sharp mind (we’ll talk, God, another time about how that body and mind do slip sometimes, but I’m still thankful for where I am at my age). Thank You. Amen.  

I’m also thankful that my immune system has held the coronavirus at bay. 


No comments: