Wednesday, July 21, 2021

A Few Old Buildings from Chippewa Falls - Blog Post #7

 As you may already know, Hubby, Dino and I were camping all week last week. Even though I really want to tell you all about that trip, I have that weekend in May in Chippewa Falls to finish up, as well as an entire weekend in Virocqua in June that I haven’t even whispered to you about.

I get this from my father you know – he called it Wanderlust. Yes, I’m always ready to go bumming again as soon as I get home, shower, and wash some clothes.

So, let me finish off that weekend at the AirBnb with my friend by showing you a handful of random pictures from downtown Chippewa Falls.  

You know how fascinating I find old buildings. 

And especially old buildings with mural. 
Even if the murals are a little old and worn. 
Or modern. 
Or on a building which has an old mural on one side - 
And a new mural on the other side - 
And what could be the original slaughter house out back.  
And then there are the adorable pictures on window fronts. Or is that chicken in the middle really adorable and exactly what is it doing? 
And though most buildings don't readily reveal their history, 
Others do. 
Which is when the camera really comes in handy. 
Because I usually don't have time to read everything there is to read on the streets I wander. 
Oops, I almost forgot my favorite building, which is not my favorite on the outside, 
but because of what they sell inside!
And though I'm home for a little while, I still have many travels to share. Stay tuned. 

For more information about downtown Chippewa Falls:  

            The Meat Market –

 https://streets.mn/2016/09/29/wheres-the-beef/

            A list of the historic buildings –

http://www.chippewafallsmainst.org/historic-walking-tour.html

            Somebody took even more pictures of these building than I did –

https://www.dewitzphotography.com/eau-claire-wi-photographer/wisconsin-historic-city-series-the-view-from-chippewa-falls-mainstreet/

 

 

No comments: