Friday, July 9, 2021

The City Which Says Beer to Me - Blog Post #6

I’m still not sure if this will be my last post about my weekend away in Chippewa Falls. I feel there is still so much to share. 

One thing I do know for sure is that this particular city has always been synonymous with Leinenkugel beer. At least for me anyway. 

In 1845, Jacob Leinenkugel immigrated with his family to Wisconsin from Germany, where his father had brewed beer. Armed with that knowledge and settling in a part of the country with plenty of pure, clear water and good earth for growing the appropriate grains and hops, Jacob founded his brewery 1867. 

Many of the original buildings are still in use.

Because my friend and I aren’t much for drinking beer, we hadn’t planned on taking a tour. Studying these buildings though and reading about the company’s history, I have changed my mind and will definitely need to take a tour one day. 

In the meantime, there were plenty of photo opportunities along the banks of the Duncan Creek.   






For more information about Leinenkugel’s history and brewery –

https://www.leinie.com/our-story

 



No comments: