Sunday, July 11, 2021

God is Good


    O give thanks to the Lord, for he is good, for his steadfast love endures for ever. (Psalm 136:1, Revised Standard Version)

As you may recall, I’ve made the two-hour drive to Oshkosh many times over the years to attend the Christian music festival, Lifest. For obvious reasons we weren’t able to go last year, and the year before I can’t remember why, but we didn’t make it either. We talked about going this year but had decided that we just had too much on the calendar. Next year, we vowed.

Then, a few weeks ago, someone from our church messaged me that she had won two single-day tickets to Lifest and asked if I wanted them. She wasn’t going to be able to go herself. (Last week, a friend from church told me that she’s the one who mentioned me to this other woman. How blessed I am to know so many loving people!)

It took no effort to convince Hubby that this was a message from God that we needed to go.

Yesterday morning, we pulled out of the driveway at 7:10. The weather all day was absolutely perfect, mostly sunny, low humidity and temps in the mid-seventies.

I can’t say that we had an over-the-top ridiculously awesome time, but it was so good – so very good – to be surrounded by thousands of fellow believers, praising God and hearing His word. Reminding me that I am a child of God and that He holds me in His hands no matter what challenges I face. And that I need to show that on the outside and not just carry it with me on the inside.   

And as the picture here clearly shows, it was good to get away and experience God’s peace even in the midst of all the crowds and noise.

Lord, God, heavenly Father, thank You for Your goodness, Your kindness, Your strength and Your wisdom. Amen.

     Find out more about Lifest at their website:

https://lifest.com/oshkosh/

     Blog post from my last Lifest:

https://chrisloehmer.blogspot.com/2017/07/do-not-worry.html

No comments: