Wednesday, December 29, 2021

Perfection

Every good action and every perfect gift is from God. These good gifts come down from the Creator of the sun, moon, and stars, who does not change like their shifting shadows. (James 1:17, New Century Version)

I’ve spent the month of December blogging about words from the Bible which begin with the letter P. I’ve also shared a few snippets of living in a house being remodeled. We are nearing the end of both, but I think the month of P’s will end before the remodel.

The last item which needs to be installed is the bathroom sink, which isn’t set to arrive until the first week in January. You’ll have to wait for the final reveal, with before, during, and after pictures. In the meantime, though, I think everything has turned out perfectly. Maybe not perfect for everyone else – there are the little idiosyncrasies, which some may not like – but to me that’s what makes this house my home.

Speaking of perfection, we all know that only God can make things which are perfect, without flaw. And His Son, our Savior, Jesus Christ is the only person who was ever perfect.  

But he said to me, “My grace is enough for you. When you are weak, my power is made perfect in you.” So I am very happy to brag about my weaknesses. Then Christ’s power can live in me. (2 Corinthians 12:9, New Century Version)

No comments: