Friday, December 10, 2021

Peace

Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid. (John 14:27, Revised Standard Version)

I’m not going to lie – it was a rough week at work. This chick is getting too old to learn yet another computer system. But I made it to Friday. Woot, woot! Three-day weekend. The kitchen remodel is going okay, and the guys won’t be coming over today. I can get some cleaning done and still have time for peace and quiet.

Peace is sometimes hard to find in this crazy, messed-up world. We feel we are running in circles and going nowhere. But we will always have the peace of our Lord and Savior.

For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace. Of the greatness of his government and peace there will be no end. He will reign on David’s throne and over his kingdom, establishing and upholding it with justice and righteousness from that time on and forever. The zeal of the LORD Almighty will accomplish this. (Isaiah 9:6-7, New International Version)

Thinking of the birth of the baby Jesus, I forgot to mention something on Wednesday’s blog about pain. I didn’t count the number of Bible verses with the word pain in them, but I did notice that many – at least half, I’d say – were about the pain of labor and childbirth. We always picture Mary laying peacefully in the stable with her newborn Baby, but did she experience the pain that the rest of us women did when we had our babies? Or did God spare her from that? Just wondering. 

No comments: