Wednesday, December 1, 2021

Ready to Roll

I am really starting to struggle with my December blog posts. And it’s only the first!

Since I started writing this blog, eleven and a half years ago, I’ve often spent the final month of each year on various Christmas themes. Cookies, cards, carols. Special gifts, special people, special traditions. Oh, and the annual Christmas letter!

This year, I really wanted to keep it short and sweet, to the point. Something to remind us why we celebrate this time of year, what it really should be all about.

But I have a lot going on this month. In addition to the usual hecticness, today we start a new electric health record system at work, and just after I post this, our contractor will be coming to our house to begin our kitchen and bathroom remodel.

In anticipation of that last stressor, Hubby and I have been emptying out our kitchen cupboards since the weekend. Our final act was to pull out the silverware and junk drawers. At the very bottom of that cupboard, after pulling out all the drawers, I found this card.

Not exactly sure why I put this hand-written card there all those years ago. We moved into the house in 1990, so you would think that if I was going to plant a memory, it would have been then. Who knows. But I think it’s kind of cool. Maybe that’s why I put it there.

Hopefully, by Friday, I will have my Christmas theme ready to roll. 

(Whoa. After I typed that last word, it dawned on me how that word fits into the events of September 11, 2001. Do you remember?)

No comments: