Wednesday, March 9, 2022

A visit to the State Capital, Wisconsin Dells, Post #1

   Last week, I finally finished blogging about the two-day vacation I took with my friend to Door County in October. The very next week, I headed to a condo in Wisconsin Dells for seven days and seven nights. Can you just imagine how long it’s going to take me to blog about all of that!

Hubby and I drove down Friday afternoon, in separate vehicles. He had to leave Sunday morning as he had to work that week. I took a full two weeks off from work, because I could and I think I deserved it.

There is always much to do in the Dells area. Unfortunately, it is so touristy. In the warmer months, the place is swamped with families, spoiled kids dragging their parents everywhere, and just – I hate it. Once fall sets in, though, many places close down for the winter. But the weather was beautiful most of the week and I rather be outside anyway.

Saturday morning, Hubby and I jumped in my car and drove the fifty-nine miles to Madison for the farmer’s market. We go to it at least once every other year or so and really enjoy it. And I can never get enough pictures of our state’s capital.








We got back to the condo just before noon. It was sunny and 56 degrees, warm for October. After a quick lunch, we were off for our afternoon adventure. You’ll have to come back on Friday for that. 

No comments: