Sunday, February 19, 2023

Answered Prayer

And we are confident that he hears us whenever we ask for anything that pleases him. And since we know he hears us when we make our requests, we also know that he will give us what we ask for. (1 John 5:14-15, New Living Translation)

Over the last few years, I have been praying nightly more fervently than ever. Between everything going on throughout the world and within my personal life, I don’t know where to begin or where to end when I send up my prayers to God when I go to bed each night. Usually, I fall asleep before I’ve asked for half of what I want.  

I tell you, you can pray for anything, and if you believe that you’ve received it, it will be yours. (Mark 11:24, New Living Translation)

And each day, as I’m assaulted by more bad news, or body aches, or whatever it might be, I wonder if God even listens to my prayers. I know that He answers them in His own time and own way and that He knows what’s best for me and everyone else. But, still, God, can’t You just, once in a while, send me a sign? Fix something that is broken in my life? Or that is messed up in the world?

I know that God doesn’t work that way. And I’m ashamed of myself when I have so little faith. But, still, God, maybe just one little miracle?

“Keep on asking, and you will receive what you ask for. Keep on seeking, and you will find. Keep on knocking, and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks, receives. Everyone who seeks, finds. And to everyone who knocks, the door will be opened.” (Matthew 7:7-8, New Living Translation)

Three weeks ago, just like that, He not only answered one of my most passionate prayers, He sent an outright miracle. It’s not mine to share here, but trust me, God has got this. And He will answer your prayers when you least expect it.

LORD, God, I can not thank You enough for answered prayer. There are no words that come close to saying how thankful I am that You opened this door. Amen. 

 

No comments: