Friday, August 14, 2026

Accommodations – Kenya 2026, blog post #4

Yikes, I’m only a week into blogging about this trip, and I’m already stumped. Not stumped so much as unsure of what to tell you about next. There was so much, and I’d like to share it all, without overwhelming you or me. And without dragging this out into infinity.

Okay, thinking back to my post from a week ago, how many places did I sleep in on this trip? Four.

I already mentioned on Sunday that our first few nights we stayed at the volunteer house in Waithaka. And I shared a picture of our bedroom. Here is the buffet table where our meals were served. 


Then we rode out to Amboseli National Park and stayed at the cutest little camp just outside the park for two nights.

The chalets at Riverine were adorable, but I must admit that the best part was probably that I had a cabin to myself. The shower also had hot water. A very big deal if you have been showering in marginally warm water. 

They even had two cats!

The next six nights were spent at our friend’s safari camp, Anyoraa. 

We were in the same cabin as my friend Denise and I had shared with my daughter four years ago. There have been several more cabins added since then, but I was happy to be in the same one. 

Between the walls of the cabins are recycled bottles filled with sand. 

The view outside our door on a rainy day. 

Some of the other cabins in the compound. 

The dining hall. 

Our last two nights we spent back in the city, staying with our friends and their four children. Needless to say, there was no chance to get pictures there! But we had a nice visit and brought home memories. 

The moon over Anyoraa camp our last night there. 

No comments: