Sunday, August 30, 2026

Game Drive #4 – Kenya 2026, blog post #9

Hard to believe that just shy of five weeks ago, we were in Kenya, heading out on another game drive. This one to the beautiful Masa Mara, where I’ve been several times before. As usual, the number of animals we saw was amazing, but I won’t share all of the pictures of the ones which I’ve already shared here on my posts from Amboseli.  

Amboseli is known for its herds of elephants, but there are very few big cats there. In the Mara, however, prides of lions are readily seen. These beautiful cats were feasting on a fresh kill for breakfast. 

The youngsters wanted to play with Dad, and he seemed good-natured about it

But the male lion will always think he is the coolest creature.

We saw one cheetah that morning.

And another later in the day.

Topis will always be my favorite antelope. Their coats are so beautiful.

Maybe I like them the best because I can easily recognize them. All those other species of antelope?

Sometimes, I’m just not sure.

Another jackal.

And more hyenas.

Lots of wildebeest.

And literal tons of buffalo.

These giraffes were cool, coz they were all laying down. Saw more elephants, hippos, and zebras too. But one guy remained elusive.

Somewhere in these trees or somewhere nearby, the leopard is watching us from his lair.

I’ll need to keep going on safaris until I spy him. 

No comments: