Wednesday, August 19, 2026

Game Drive Number 2 – Kenya 2026, blog post #6


On Sunday’s post, I shared pictures from our late afternoon game drive at Amboseli National Park.

During the short two-hours we were there, we saw some remarkable herds of elephants, among other animals. Little did we know what was waiting for us the next day, when we would spend close to nine hours viewing a huge variety of birds and mammals.


And more wildebeest

More Thomson Gazelle

A big family of monkeys, picking bugs off each other

The hyena carrying some piece of food.

I don't know if he dropped his food to wash it or if he just wanted a drink. 

The king of the savanah, sleeping off his lunch

Which is why those zebra aren't worried about them.

"Pumba", the adorable warthog. 

Along with the hyena and wildebeest, the warthog is on the list of the five ugliest animals. I don't know why, I don't see it. 

The hippo with a little friend. 

Lots of zebras. They have such round butts. 

I'm pretty sure this is an Oryx

The Cape Buffalo, another one of the Big Five animals, along with the elephant and lion. Did  I get to see the other two? 
Also, because we saw sooo many birds, I might share them on Friday. 

No comments: