Sunday, August 22, 2010

To all of my faithful readers (both of you), I am taking another week off. This time it is for a very, very good reason. I am going to a writer's conference. I am so excited I can't wait. I am also a little apprehensive; you know, the big buildup and what if it is a bomb.

I am going to Green Lake to the beautiful conference center started by the Baptists many, many years ago. Here is the website telling some of the history of it http://glcc.org/glcc/Green%20Lake%20Story.html . Doesn't it sound awesome? When I was a kid, my mom had a cousin who lived in Green Lake, so once in a while we would drive through the Conference Center grounds. It is gorgeous there.

They have been hosting a Christian Writers Conference there for 62 years! Crazy.

I hope to learn a little bit, hone my writing a little bit and hopefully make some connections that may further my walk along the trail towards publication. Or at least start me on the path. Or at least show me where it is.

Wish me luck. And I will be back writing soon, hopefully from a more interesting prospective.

No comments: