Wednesday, August 4, 2010



I wish I could say I that I was going to write something immensely inspirational, that I have come up with my new theme, my new story to write. I am still mulling it over. Actually I have quite a bit already written and some of it is even already in my laptop. I just haven't decided yet which route to take.

In the meantime, I hope you enjoyed the last entry, the musing of Dino the wonder dog. We just took him for a ride tonight to see if we could see the northern lights (no such luck), and when we got home he didn't want to get out of the car. He is still in "let's go for a trip" mode.

Speaking of the pets, the night that Val and I brought Fred home, in November of 2005, the northern lights were the most fantastic that I have ever seen. There is something about the Aurora Borealis that is so other-worldly, eerie, as if they had a life of their own. Because of that, I thought we should name the new cat Aurora or Borealis. I was quickly shot down, and thus the Flintstone theme for pets evolved.

Which brings me to the next thought. What are we going to name the new kittens? We still haven't come up with anything that has stuck. It is between Charlie and Sally, Charlie and Lucy, Linus and Lucy, Mork and Mindy. The problem with starting a new theme is then I need to continue it (which is why I like Mork and Mindy), but I keep telling myself that these are the last pets we are going to get. When they die of old age, in 16 to 20 years, I will hopefully be retiring and taking off in our RV to travel the country, so I don't want any more pets around to have to deal with.

No comments: