Thursday, September 23, 2010

I have a confession to make, and no it is not about my fabric addiction.

A few years ago, I started writing a journal of my journeys, a documentary of all of my travels. I got up to about 1983, when my resources started running thin. I no longer had my parent’s camping log or home videos or the family stories told ad nauseam to jar my memory.

Up until this week, almost all of my travel blogs have been taken from that document. It dawned on me that I now have to actually start writing something from scratch again every night. Oh, nuts, like I have time for that? Especially with the series premieres on TV all week.

Also, as I have been trying to gather my sources, I realize they are few and far between. Actually when I started writing about my travels, I came up with a rough outline of the years. “Pre-1980 The Family Camping Trip“. “1997-2008 The Travel Log (a wonderful notebook my second husband bought me just after we were married so that I could log our trips). "2009 and Onward - The Travel Log Goes Laptop" (very exciting when I started taking my laptop on trips with me).

But as you see there is this big blank from 1980 to 1997, where my soul source is photographs (which often times I never wrote on the back of) and my dear diary (ten notebooks full of mostly teen angst and early adulthood depression).

I can do this though. I will just have to tape all the new TV shows and watch them next summer.

(The UPS man brought my new laptop today, so good thing I wrote this blog at 11:30 last night when I couldn't sleep! I'm sure I won't be sleeping tonight either!)

No comments: