Thursday, September 2, 2010

My lap top remains on life support after five days. And the rest of my week? My jaw still hurts from my visit to the dentist yesterday. My entire right arm is still in constant pain, thanks to the frozen shoulder that will not thaw no matter how much the chiropractor coaxes. My car spent two days at the car spa where the therapists cured its ills but also charged two hundred bucks. My husband's truck? Well, we are not going to spend eleven hundred dollars to resuscitate it, so I'm not quite sure who will be driving and who will be walking. My husband, the light of my life, has been cranky, not wanting to go back to driving school bus, and who can blame him? School bus driver was always on my list of five top jobs I never want.

I came home at lunch to pick him up so he could pick up the car. I jumped on facebook for just a few minutes while I chewed on my corn dog. Here is what popped up:

“It is possible to have a living, breathing relationship with the God of the Universe. He’s crazy about each of us, and if most people really understood that, their lives would turn on a dime and blessings would overtake them. And trust me, I know this firsthand—I used to be a hard, cynical, coarse human being before God pulled me up by the scruff of the neck and said, “Yo, Julie! Get a clue. You’re the apple of my eye!” as quoted by Julie Lessman, from the blog http://enjoyingthewritingcraft.blogspot.com .

Wow, I thought, that‘s pretty good..

Back at work, I checked my e-mail. Every month our receptionists harass our patients into filling out surveys, asking how we are doing as a clinic, if they had a good experience, if they think our providers are competent. Today's survey results included the comment: "We LOVE Chris. She is the sweetest nurse and makes you feel comfortable".

I rolled my eyes, thought "whatever", and deleted it. Then I heard that voice in my head, the voice that is either God, or else I am schizophrenic.

The voice said, “Listen, just listen.”

No matter how bad things seem sometimes, God is always there. He’ll make it all work out in the end. Instead of dwelling on the things that make us unhappy, we need to focus on the warm fuzzies. No matter how small they may be.

No comments: