Friday, February 4, 2011

I am just a bum

Wow, sometimes, I am just a bum. I’ve been reading the Travel Log which I kept from 1997 to 2005, and some years I really put on some miles. I’ve pretty much decided not to bore you with each and every road trip, but here is a list of the places I went from February 2000 to October 2001:

Stayed in hotels at the following places: 1) Green Bay for a weekend away; 2) throughout the UP on a family vacation; 3) Madison just for the heck of it; 4) AmericInn at Belle Plaine, Minnesota, for the Renaissance Festival; 5) back to Minnesota a month later to visit our old Pastor and his family, as well as my friend in LeSueur; 6) Milwaukee for a union trip for Himey; 7) Bettendorf, Iowa, for his nephew’s confirmation; 8) Sioux Falls, South Dakota, to take the kids to their dad’s for the weekend and back to my friend in LeSueur again; 9) back to Milwaukee for a meeting for me; 10) a week’s vacation in Missouri, having dropped the kids off in Sioux Falls, South Dakota, again, first; 11) and lastly one more trip to Madison for my nephew’s wedding reception.

Camping at: 1) JW Wells state park in Michigan; 2) national forest near Eagle River; 3) state forest near Minocqua; 4) camping at Lost Lake near Laona.

I know I’ve already filled you in on some of the trips, and probably will detail a few more of these. But seriously? You surely do not want to hear about all of them. And seriously, when did I ever get anything done around the house?

While camping at Lost Lake near Laona we had a visitor
Clark Tower in the city park in Winterset, Iowa
Nieces Leann and Paula, niece-in-law Ann, nephew Brian, brother-in-law
Claude, sister Judy at Brian and Ann's reception in Madison
My husband's brother John, his wife Teresa and their two kids Jacob and Ann. (This was at my house, not at Jacob's confirmation - but well - sue me.)

No comments: