Thursday, August 16, 2012

Just don't admit defeat

“Being defeated is often a temporary condition. Giving up is what makes it permanent.” Marilyn vos Savant


 Some weeks I will write diligently and feel like I am making progress, then I have a week or two where I just don’t accomplish much. I reprimand myself and label myself a failure. I berate myself and tell myself that I will never be a writer. But then I rally and get back to the keyboard and do ok for a while.

Maybe it’s like smoking. I know so many people who have quit and so many of them who start up again. Granted, they should quit for good. Me? I’ll probably continue to quit writing on a regular basis, but as long as I go back to it, you can’t say that I gave up.

Until trees are growing through my floor boards, I have a chance. 
(I took these pictures last fall at a park in Minnesota. Sorry that I can't tell you the name right now, but too lazy to look it up. I know, I'm defeated once again.)

No comments: