Sunday, August 19, 2012

Taking a week off. Not really

As we pray to our God and Father about you, we think of your faithful work, your loving deeds, and the enduring hope you have because of our Lord Jesus Christ.
1 Thessalonians 1:3 New Living Translation

Today I head off to my third annual Christian Writers Conference at Green Lake. I’m so excited to reunite with the friends I have made thanks to the last two conferences, as well as looking forward to learning lots about the elusive craft of writing. The beautiful grounds of Green Lake Conference Center are also calling to me. I can’t stress enough to anyone living anywhere nearby that you need to go spend some time there for exploration and in quiet reflection. And don’t forget your camera.

While at the Conference Center I won’t have a regular internet connection. I know, really? Yes, really. So I won’t be checking my e-mail or social networks as frequently as usual, and won’t be blogging til next weekend. It’s time for me to seriously write.

Have a good week and may God bless your every breath.  
I call this picture "Writer's Feet", taken at the conference last year. Don't look too close for toe-jam. 

No comments: