Thursday, April 18, 2013

A Time for Peace


"The only field or occupation that benefits from war is medicine," said Dr. David Cifu, rehabilitation medicine chief at the Veterans Health Administration.

I got this quote off of Yahoo News this morning in an article about the bombings Monday in Boston. Dr. Cifu is referring to the many veterans of war who have suffered amputations and how the medical field has used what they have learned about those victims to help civilian amputees.

I guess that the Bible was right, when in Ecclesiastes chapter 3, we are reminded that there is a time for war. It still doesn't make it seem right.

And then I wake up this morning to the news of an explosion in Texas. The last report I read was that there are 15 dead and at least 160 injured.

Makes me worry about what will happen next. Makes me think I better read my Bible more. Maybe everybody should be reading their Bibles more. 

Makes me want there to be a time for peace instead. 


No comments: