Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Is spring getting close in your backyard?

I was going to blog about something else tonight, another room in my house, but lo and behold, I didn't have any pictures in the computer of that room. Hard to believe. And I'm thinking that it would be too much work to scan them tonight. 

I looked outside my window and wondered if it is really possible that spring will ever get here. I see a few patches of brown in the front yard, but the back yard remains a vision of white.

The cooper kettle off of my deck tells the story.  
 October 27
November 15
December 2
January 1 of this year 
 March 22
 Today! I guess there has been much progress in the last two weeks!
May 15, last year. Will my cooper kettle look like this in just over one month?
Not likely, since I won't be back from Africa until May 19. 
Maybe the hubby will surprise me . . . 

2 comments:

Denise said...

Did I miss a post about you going to Africa??
I would like to make a donation, we can talk next week.

Susan Marlene said...

Hi Chris! I chuckled when I saw your pot changing with the seasons! I have very few plants that survived this winter. I tried to grow herbs to use with our recipies but alas all I have...pots of dirt! :) Blessings to you!