Saturday, April 26, 2014

Finally a day to relax - vacation day 6

Wednesday was our fifth full day – and final day – in Missouri. We did only a little driving, going into Clarksville one last time and touring Greenwood Cemetery.

But most of the day we hung out at the resort. I suppose I could tell you a little about it. Nah, I’ll just show you pictures. 




 

I imagine that this place was hopping in summers of the past. I haven’t been able to find out any of its history on the internet and wish now that I would have asked someone who worked there. I’m going to guess that way back these rolling hills were part of someone’s large farm, but that at one point in time (the 60s?) someone turned it into one of those family-friendly resorts. Picture the original Dirty Dancing movie. Within the last few years, and maybe with a change in management, the pod-style villas were built to draw higher-end vacationers. All the buildings other than the villas seem a bit old and worn, so that’s why I formulated this theory. However, I could be way off.


After looking at my pictures, what do you surmise? 

1 comment:

Susan Marlene said...

Hi again! That a girl dig into the history!!!