Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Walking the Streets of Hatchet Creek - Day 4

I had today off so I went for a serious walk for a change. I didn’t cover a lot of streets, just one long one – Theiler Drive. The hubby dropped me off at the Armory and I walked from there clear out to Kaphaem Road. I couldn’t stop there, I had to walk another two miles to get back home, which according to Google maps, is a total of five miles. Good thing I had Dino the wonder dog walking along with me. 
Finally have my map scanned. The green lines are roads I have already walked and the purple lines are where I walked today, and more. I didn't feel like rescanning my plat book to show you the entire road I walked. But I probably walked to somewhere left of the flagpole and halfway to the roof in the picture below. 
 The National Guard Armory in town. 
 Another tank
 Description of the tank, I only shared this picture because Dino got in it. 
 The Assisted Living Center they are building in town on Theiler Drive. I can't believe how far they have come with this. 
 Stop? 
 This is along Kaphaem Road. I remember once when I was in school - probably junior high - we went down here doing road clean-up. There was not a single house out here then. 
 School buses taking the summer off.
 This bus is really taking off more than the summer. 
 Looks like the corn will be knee-high by the fourth of July. 
 Wildflowers in a field along the side of the road. 
I drive by this sign all the time. It never fails to make me snicker. 

No comments: