Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Road Lake Run

Sunday morning, in preparation for running in the 5K on the Fourth of July, I ran around Road Lake, which is just three miles. Ok, I didn't run it all, or even most of it, as I stopped to take lots of picture. Plus I just am not "there yet". I will be though in less than two months. I promise. 
Since there is no public access to Road Lake, it is hard to get a good picture of it. This is off of Highway S.
Little crosses on the side of the road always make me sad. 
Back in my day, this was Bielke's supper club. It doesn't seem like it was that long ago. No matter what the name, though, the moose has always been there.
Because I just mentioned one supper club,  I thought I should mention another. Back in the shrubs is the sign which used to announce The Road Haus supper club (again, back in my day), more recently it was The Entertainer. Last I heard the property was apartments, but I haven't been down the road in a while, so I can't tell you for sure. On my next run, I will have to check it out.
And this building once housed The Watergate supper club. I know, how crazy that this many eating establishments were on this small stretch of road. 
I sure wish my garden shed looked this nice. 
I really wish my garden looked this good. 
Oops, would those be tent caterpillars? Yikes!
The Highway 51 bypass. Pretty quiet on a Sunday morning. 
Last view of Road Lake before I head for home.

For more about Road Lake history, click on this link.

No comments: