Friday, August 14, 2015

Story of a Wedding Day

As you may recall, my daughter got married this past weekend. Which explains my negligence in writing this blog all summer. Hopefully I will get back on track. What did my day last Saturday consist of? 

After running a few other errands, Hubby and I piled these flowers in the back of my car. 
 Then dropped the flowers off here, where a friend of my daughter's turned them into beautiful bouquets and center pieces.
My daughter and I supervised the preparation of transforming four friends from young ladies
 Into beautiful hillbilly women.
 Luckily I had no part of this - taking that poor pig out of the cooler
 And fitting him onto this grill.
 But my most important task was taking this
 And this
 And creating this. Over 25 years ago when I first made her, I never imagined she would ever, ever turn out so beautiful.
 I sure didn't think this motley crew would be her wedding party.
 Or that we would get them safely on this dock and back to dry ground.
 But a momma will do anything for her family.
 And a momma's daughter will always be her baby girl.
 Even when she is now joined as one to a fella like this.
And that's how the hillbilly wedding turned out.

3 comments:

Denise said...

Awwwwww, it was sooooooo cute. Great theme.

Chris Loehmer Kincaid said...

Thanks Denise. Maybe it would have cost more to have someone else do all the work, but it would have saved on stress.

Beth Camp said...

What a beautiful summary of a day that will long bring joy. Thank you for sharing. It reminds me of our daughter's wedding, the amazing stress and outpouring of love as everyone gathered to celebrate.