Sunday, August 30, 2015

Weariness

 I am sad and tired.
    Make me strong again as you have promised. 
Psalm 119:28 (New Century Version)

A lot of the authors throughout the Bible write of being tired and weary.

 He gives strength to those who are tired
    and more power to those who are weak.
 Even children become tired and need to rest,
    and young people trip and fall.
 But the people who trust the Lord will become strong again.
They will rise up as an eagle in the sky;
    they will run and not need rest;
    they will walk and not become tired. 
Isaiah 40:29-31 (New Century Version)

Their faith, though, is in the Lord as they know that only He can give them strength and refresh them.

 Then he went back to his followers, and again he found them asleep, because their eyes were very heavy. And they did not know what to say to him. Mark 14:40 (New Century Version)

Even Jesus’ disciples gave into fatigue, at the most crucial of times.

 “Come to me, all of you who are tired and have heavy loads, and I will give you rest. Accept my teachings and learn from me, because I am gentle and humble in spirit, and you will find rest for your lives. The burden that I ask you to accept is easy; the load I give you to carry is light.” 
Matthew 11:28-30 (New Century Version)

But Jesus reminds us that we need to turn to Him and our fatigue will lift. We will be able to carry on.

 We must not become tired of doing good. We will receive our harvest of eternal life at the right time if we do not give up. 
Galatians 6:9 (New Century Version)


And we will receive our reward.

No comments: