Thursday, November 19, 2015

Peace on the African Plain

 Shortly after I returned home from my trip to Kenya, I shared the dramatic life and death tale of scenes from safari. But I thought it was time to share some of the scenes of peace we witnessed as well, such as this adorable elephant family. Our wonderful guide, Tony, thinks the largest female on the right is the grandma, with her youngest next to her. The one of the left is her daughter with the tiny grandbaby.
 Grazing giraffes, zebras and wildebeest.
 A baby Topi with its mommy. And check out the wildebeest with an itch.
 Even cape buffalo babies are cute.
 Zebras and their stripes are always fascinating.
But the animal that I was in most awe of was the rhino. I've written about their plight in the past. This is the first time I had seen one in the wild (I had seen all of these animals on safari in 2006) and he captured my heart.

No comments: