Friday, August 25, 2017

Day Two in Door County

Our second day in Door County last week, our first major stop was Whitefish Dunes State Park. What a beautiful shoreline. 
 I guess I don’t have to narrate every picture. 
 This one certainly needs to comments from me. Isn’t this clever? 

 The furtherest beach access was the dog beach. We were all happy to see Dino out swimming. It turns right back into a puppy. 

 This is Cana Island. On the far side of it is a neat looking lighthouse, which I would have loved to see.
 There isn’t a bridge to cross with a vehicle or open water to cross with a boat. Instead there is a watery isthmus, which you cross by riding in a wagon pulled by a tractor. I don’t know. That didn’t seem right to me somehow, so we didn’t even check it out. I don’t know how much it would have cost or if they would have let Dino on. Maybe another time.  
 An old barn somewhere along the road between Gill’s Rock and Sister Bay. 
 Liberty Grove Historical Society Museum at Ellison Bay. 
 Had beautiful views. I can see why someone would build their farm here 150 years ago.
 Last we drove through Peninsula State Park. Also had beautiful views. 
 And a lighthouse! It was starting to get late in the day, so we didn’t take the tour of it. I think we are going to come back some day, though. 

No comments: