Sunday, August 20, 2017

I will not be shaken

I keep my eyes always on the Lord. 
With him at my right hand, I will not be shaken.
Psalm 16:8 (NIV)

I was going to write about Job today, the guy from the Bible, not the place we go every day to make a living. I was going to write about Job today, that guy from the Bible who had a really bad spell in life, everything that possibly could go wrong in his world did – his crops failed, his livestock succumbed to illness, his family died, he was afflicted with physical ailments.

I was going to write about Job today because I’ve been feeling that way the last seven months. The emotional and mental stress I’ve been through since January 15 has worn on me like Chinese water torture. But it wasn’t until a week ago that the physical junk started weighing me down as well.

So I was going to compare myself to Job today. But when I opened up the Bible Gateway website, from which I glean all my Bible verses, to find a passage from the book of Job, the verse for today was Psalm 16:8. I can’t add anything to that. God is good and with Him by my side, I will not be shaken. Yes, this too shall pass. 

Praise God. 


No comments: