Thursday, May 10, 2018

First Leg of Another Trip

Hard to believe that it was only two weeks ago that I was on the first leg of my fifth trip to Kenya. As you should already know, this was the first time that I traveled there with my son Nick. Three of the previous trips were with my daughter Val and one was with my friend Denise. This journey would be a whole new adventure, letting Nick call the shots.

Because we had made our plane reservations only four weeks prior, we got what some would say was a rough itinerary. We flew out of Chicago O’Hare at 7:30 pm and arrived in Zurich at 10:30 am. Our plane to Nairobi wasn’t leaving until the next morning. Not to worry, we decided to see as much of Zurich as we could in that 23-hour window.
 I would love to tell you what each of these pictures is of, but that would take all day and then some. I can tell you that we took the train and a bus to the top of Mount Uetliberg. It was a beautiful day, sunny and warm.

 I wish you could see the Alps on the horizon better.


 

The rest of the pictures are just from wandering the streets around the hostel we got for the night. It was within an easy walk to the train which took us to and from the airport. There was so much more we could have seen, buildings, museums and churches, which were close by, but a person can only absorb so much when they are going on a couple hours of sleep. I would do it again, though, in a heartbeat. 






No comments: