Sunday, May 27, 2018

God is My Salvation

“Surely God is my salvation; I will trust and not be afraid.
The Lord, the Lord himself, is my strength and my defense; he has become my salvation.”
(Isaiah 12:2 New International Version)

Last week I had written here that I had had an uneventful week, that there wasn’t much new to say, good or bad. Don’t I wish all weeks were like that! This past week has been stressful for me. I can’t go into why, nothing horrible has affected my life specifically, though there are a few glitches in my system. But mostly just getting all kinds of bad news regarding other people. Thinking that I really need to stock up on my “thinking of you” cards, as I used them all up this week.

Thinking that I should get the verse above made into a stamp that I can stamp on all these cards I’ve wanted to, needed to, send to people. I’d also tell them how much God loves them and that He really doesn’t want these bad things to happen to them. But He also never told them that life would be easy. No matter what though, He will never leave them or forsake them.

Lord, God Almighty, be with all Your people. Open their ears so they may hear, open their eyes so they may see, let them know that You are their salvation in every trial. Amen. 
And remember that we have to take the thorns with the flowers. 

No comments: