Friday, May 25, 2018

Randomness next to the Maasa Mara

I’m still blogging about my recent trip to Kenya. Amazing how even though the trip was only one week and I only (only!) took 500 pictures, I can still continue to drag out stories from those ten days.

I started out by telling you about the main purpose of our trip – to research the feasibility of supporting a community center for a Maasai village. Before I move on to other things we did on the trip, I thought I would fill you in with some of the random pictures I took while we were staying in the safari camp next to the village.

We always run into a few scruffy dogs. Some are claimed to belong to someone, most are not. Whenever one seems to have a owner, the dog’s name is invariably Simba, such as the dog here on the left. I don’t remember the other one’s name.
 When we first got to camp, I stayed in my tent for an hour to rest while my son, Nick, went on the nature walk up the big hill. He got some good shots of the baboons.
 A variety of fences.


Just grazing peacefully.
 Our guide for the day, Alex, told us they are spraying the goats here against bugs and other pests.
 Love the names of the various tents at our camp.

 Nick especially liked the name of his. I think they added an extra letter by mistake.
Next to the Maasai village is what they call the “shopping center”. On the map, however, it is the town of Ololaimutiek.

 At night, in the dining hall of the camp, a gecko resides on the TV screen. He basks in the warmth of the screen and feasts on the insects which are attracted to the light
Just like back home, nothing like an evening bonfire. 

No comments: