Wednesday, June 27, 2018

Where Have I Been?

 It feels like more than ten days since I’ve posted a blog here. Twenty days ago, I said I was going to cut back on my blogging, but did I really mean that much? What have I been doing? Have I been off on some exotic, fun-filled vacation? Or have I been sick in bed? Or taking care of a loved one? Maybe I have just been sooo busy with all the things that I am always so busy with?


Nope, really nothing like that. First of all, I’ve been healthy (as much as usual, anyway), and no one else has been sick or in crisis that I have put my life on hold for. I surely have not been on vacation somewhere. I certainly would have found the time to sneak in some pictures of it if I had been. How about that too busy excuse? Well, maybe.

So far this month I’ve been to a wedding for one friend, started helping plan another wedding, gone to two graduation parties, had a reunion with seven others who I lived in a dorm with while in college too many years ago to count. Umm, I’m looking at my calendar. Boy, June is almost over, isn’t?

I took one day off work early in the month to take a ride with some old girlfriends. I had two appointments at the lawyer’s office, I worked a Saturday, had a meeting of our nonprofit, made it to church only twice. Worked some late nights and early mornings at the day job. Worked on my veges and my flowers out in the yard. And on top of all that, the highway that takes us into town has been torn up, so sometimes, I go around the long way to town and sometimes I take a chance on the gravel, but either way, it takes longer to drive those five miles.

Oh, and started the month off with my husband's retirement party!

I’m not complaining, or I better not, coz guess what? My July calendar is just about as full. I have a short reprieve for a few weeks in August and then almost every weekend in September and October I have something going on already.

Hubby and I were talking the other night about starting to think about vacation for next year. We’ve been wanting to take a big trip somewhere. I’m kinda thinkin’ no. Thinkin’ finding a cabin in the woods somewhere. But next summer is like eleven months away. Maybe I need to find that cabin sooner than that.

Well, wish me luck with that. But don’t worry about me. I’ll be fine. Gonna just power through it like I always do. Hope you are having a relaxing summer. Soak up some of that for me. 
 But I am blessed to be surrounded by friends. 
The girls I haven't seen hardly at all in more than thirty years. 
And the girls I already got together with twice this month.
And family and friends who joined us in wishing Hubby well in retirement. 

No comments: