Sunday, July 1, 2018

A Bit Quirky

 The Lord is righteous in all He does. 
 The Lord is loving and right. Yes, our God is full of loving-kindness.
 The Lord takes care of the child-like. I was brought down, and He saved me.
(Psalm 116:5-6 New Life Version)

There are some things which I will never master, here is one of them. What is with this younger generation that they feel the need to not only take “selfies”, but then to post them on their social media? Me? Not so much . . .

The circumstances under which I took this horrible picture (and four that are even worse) are a story I will share another time. I will admit to you, however, that over the last few months I’ve been feeling down for no reason I can put my finger on. If you read my last post, you know how busy I have been, which I am sure contributes to my downheartedness. I also have been feeling just plain old.

So yesterday, riding alone on this train, I was hit with the child-like wonder I used to possess, that yearning to explore and discover, to find everything novel and fascinating, to see through eyes of someone who is innocent. I was also hit with desire to return to writing in general and blogging in particular, to share even the most mundane events of my life and let you, my readers, experience them with that same curiosity.   

It was a moment of epiphany, of realization that it was time to return to my roots, to who I really am. Not some old lady on a train, but a child at heart. And a child of God.

Thank You, God, for making me who I am, a bit quirky at times, but still always a child belonging to You. Amen.     

1 comment:

Tandra Bauman said...

Amen. I can’t wait to read,