Sunday, July 8, 2018

The Good Land


Psalm 37 
 25 I was young, and now I am old.
    But I have never seen the Lord leave good people helpless.
    I have never seen their children begging for food.
26 Good people always lend freely to others.
    And their children are a blessing.
27 Stop doing evil and do good.
    Then you will live forever.
28 The Lord loves justice.
    He will not leave those who worship him.
He will always protect them.
    But the children of the wicked will die.
29 Good people will inherit the land.
    They will live in it forever.
30 A good person speaks with wisdom.
    He says what is fair.
31 The teachings of his God are in his heart.
    He does not fail to keep them.
32 The wicked watch for good people.
    They want to kill them.
33 The Lord will not take away his protection.
    He will not judge good people guilty.

It’s been a month since I shared the previous eight verses from Psalm 37. Lately, I’ve been feeling a lot of that first line – “I was young, and now I am old”. I keep feeling older every day, especially when I see the sadness in this world, the evil, the lack of doing what is right.

Then I turn my eyes to the Word of God, to the Holy Bible and find words like these, and I know that there is hope for better things.  

Good people will inherit the land. They will live in it forever.



No comments: