Sunday, July 22, 2018

God is so, so good to me


“Be still and know that I am God.” Psalm 46:10
Last Sunday, I blogged about this cold I was coming down with and how I hadn’t found a lot of inspiration at Lifest. The cough, congestion, and drainage of this cold got completely out of control by Monday morning, just as we were packing to go camping. I was miserable the entire day, toting around my box of Kleenex like my lifeline. We got to the campground, set up the camper and I was done. I was so done with just everything - being sick all the time, aching all over, dealing with not only my heel spurs, but a new pain in my right knee, the continuing pain in my hands and that weird pain in my right upper arm which had suddenly morphed into a bruise. (Maybe I should just get a good physical, huh?)
So, I crawled into my sleeping bag Monday night and instead of a nice bed-time prayer of thanks, I went off on a rant to God. I know, not very Christian of me. When I do that (which don’t we all at times), I feel like such a non-believer, as if I am testing God. “Prove You are really who You say You are”.
But God is so much cooler than that. When I quieted my mind enough to listen for an answer, He clearly said to me, “Be still and know that I am God.”
He could have used a verse about “in this world you will have trouble” or “do not lose heart” or any number of other verses. But no, He’s got this. He knew what to tell me. He knew what to say which would settle my fears and doubts and anger.
Lord, God, Heavenly Father, You are so, so good to me. Especially when I don’t deserve it. You are my Rock and my Shield. Thank You for Your faithfulness. Amen.
(And by the way, even though I was able to sleep in the comfort of God’s arms on Monday night, this cold dogged me all week. Not gonna blame God though, coz He is still so good to me.)  

No comments: