Friday, August 17, 2018

Flashback Friday to this Past Spring

 This almost feels like a Flashback Friday post. It was less than four months ago that I left for my fifth trip to Kenya. Seems like a lifetime ago. With each subsequent trip, I fear I am going to forgot the finer details. I need to find the time to write them all down.

 The morning after my son Nick and I arrived in Kenya, our hosts whisked us away to Maasailand; I've already blogged about that. The drive out there always seems quicker and more painful than the one coming back to civilization.

 On the drive back to Nairobi, after a few hours, we stopped at a café and giftshop for a potty break, where some of the girls befriended this little fella.
 He was really quite the ham. I’m sure he’d learned how best to get some handouts.
 If only we could take him home with us.
 Our next stop was George’s Resort, for lunch, just outside of Mai Mahiu.
 There, we befriended a momma and her kittens.
 You’ll find cats and dogs all over Kenya, but when people barely have enough to feed themselves, they don’t consider them pets. They live on what scraps they can find or what well-meaning mzungus give them.
 It still surprises me to find these kinds of park-like settings in Kenya. I’ve been to many parks in my many travels there, but somehow I can’t get used to it.
  I guess Nick finds it surprising too.
 The whole group we got to know while we were there. More new friends from around the world.

No comments: