Friday, August 31, 2018

It's Time

   Here it is the last day of August. Where has the summer gone?

   If you’ve been following this blog, or know me personally, you have a pretty good idea where my summer has gone. No need for me to once again go down that path.
   
   The last few weeks, things have settled down a bit, and I felt like the day-job had even gotten under control. Until this week. I don’t know what happened, but I once again could not get out of work on time, coming home exhausted and unable to barely function. Yesterday, my computer at work even went on the fritz and the IT department had to bring me a new one. Which, by the way, began acting up right after the IT person finished getting it all set up and walked out of the building.
   
   Here’s the good news. Beginning today, I am off of work not only for the long Labor Day weekend, but also for all but one day next week. And my plans? Yikes! Painting our living room.
   
   We remodeled our house in 1999, turning the garage into our living room. Somewhere, I have pictures of that whole process. That was before digital photography, so there’s not quite as much documentation as there would be now.

   All you need to know today, however, is that these walls haven’t been painted since then. And even then, the paint color seemed more like primer to me. I think it’s time.

   Hopefully by next week this time – no, that ain’t gonna happen, but let’s just dream – I’ll have the full before and afters for you.

My living room in 2003. Almost everything has changed except for that paint on the walls. It's time. 

No comments: