Sunday, September 2, 2018

What We are Meant to Become


 We have different gifts, according to the grace given to each of us.
Romans 12:6a (New International Version)

 If you read my blog post on Friday, you may remember that Hubby and I were going to paint the living room this weekend. It’s taking longer than anticipated (imagine that!). We finished the ceiling yesterday and plan to attack the walls today.

 If you’ve read many of my past posts, you also know that I voraciously snap pictures and my favorite theme is before, during and after shots. Yes, they will be coming, but today I only have this one. Before we started moving the furniture out of the way, I found my silly little Alice, sitting there trying to decide if she wants to be a lion or a football player.

 Just like Alice, I’ve often wondered what I should be when I grow up, if I would ever achieve those lofty goals I had as a kid. Or if I would have to accept my fate in life.

 I think we can become anything we want to. But I also think that it will be so much easier if we first turn our lives over to God. He’s got it so much more together than we ever could. Let Him show us what gifts He has given each us, gifts which will allow us to find our dreams and reach them.

Heavenly Father, thank You for shaping each of us into the person we are. Send Your Holy Spirit into our hearts and minds so we can become what we are meant to be. Amen.

(And God, thank You for giving me a career other than painting. You knew I’d never earn a living doing that!)    

No comments: