Wednesday, September 5, 2018

2018 Camping Post #1 - Finally

 Oh, for goodness sakes! I am still so behind on everything. Here it is the first week of September, schools are back in session, and I still haven’t told you about our camping trip in July!

 You may recall that I did blog about how sick I was the entire week, but here’s my journal entry from the first day of camping:

       Monday, July 16, 2018 - Last Thursday, I came down with a cold, which is just beyond a cold now. It has morphed into a cruel aberration that has possessed my entire head. I am so disgusted, I cannot even remember the last time I went on a vacation where there was not one malady or another afflicting me. We just got back from Lifest yesterday, three days of God-filled inspiration, right? Yea, coz I feel so inspired right about now. I just don’t even get it. I mean, come on God, just tell me what you want me to do? You really don’t want me to ever take time off work and get out of town and just enjoy myself? Who am I, Job?
       Sorry for the rant, but I just don’t get it. Why I am not entitled to a simple, pain-free vacation? I really want to just keep ragging about this. Because I am soooo MISERABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
       I probably should just go to bed and I don’t know, lay here awake for yet another night because I cannot breathe!
       Ok, seriously, get a grip.

 Wow, that was pretty pathetic, wasn’t it? Talk about feeling sorry myself. Yikes! Even if the cold and congestion didn’t get much better all that week, and the hubby came down with it the end of the week (and kept asking, “how many days do I have left of this???”), we still had a good time. It turned out to be relaxing and low-key.

 Packed up Monday morning, July 16. Two things to notice in this first picture – the awning is on the side of the camper and Hubby has to pull it past a tree to get it out of the driveway.
 Here you may notice that the awning has been removed. It brushed up against that tree just enough to pull it loose in enough spots, that I thought, “let’s just rip it off”. Done.
 A few hours later, camp is set up at Bewabic State Park just west of Crystal Falls, Michigan.
 The next morning, we took a walk around the park, past this building, which was the original bathhouse, built by the CCC in 1936.
 And past Fortune Lake, with its geese.
 Our destination was this little island.
 Had to cross this bridge to get there.
 View of the campground on the other side of lake.
 Batman’s previous home. Actually I need one of these in my backyard. They say if you put up a bat house, they will come. Could it be that easy to have mosquito eradication around my house?
 What do you think, Dino? Ok, you just want to head back to camp for a treat, right? So, that's what we did. It was a better vacation than the one I'm having this week, where I am painting the living room. Uck!

No comments: