Sunday, September 9, 2018

Refreshed by God's Dew

 The Lord is my shepherd, I lack nothing. He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, he refreshes my soul.
(Psalm 23:1-3a New International Version)

Every morning, the dog wakes us up between 4 and 6 am, and either my husband or I dutifully let him out. One morning last week, I had the early morning detail, and when I came back to bed after letting the dog in and feeding him, Hubby asked if it was raining out, as rain was in the forecast most of the week. I answered him, “no, it’s just dewy out.”

“Dewy?” he asked.

“Yea, you know, dewy. As in it hasn’t rained but the deck is wet from dew.”

He was so impressed that he rolled over and went back to sleep. As is my morning routine, I pulled out my book “Jesus Calling” by Sarah Young and read the day’s devotion. The opening sentence for that day read, “Let the Dew of My Presence refresh your mind and heart.”

Further in that paragraph was written, “As dew refreshes grass and flowers during the stillness of the night, so My Presence revitalizes you as you sit quietly with Me.”

Now, I know that many people would say, what a coincidence. Believers don’t refer to such things as coincidences. They might call them God-incidences or that those are times when God winks at you or that God is sending you a sign. I don’t even label those little occurrences. I just look up to the heavens, maybe wink at God myself, and say, “You got this, God, just like always.”  

 Thank You, Lord, Father for always having everything covered and taken care of. Amen.

No comments: