Sunday, September 23, 2018

Ah-ha Moments

2a Lord, I have heard of your fame;
    I stand in awe of your deeds, Lord.
4 His splendor was like the sunrise;
    rays flashed from his hand,
    where his power was hidden.
19 The Sovereign Lord is my strength;
    he makes my feet like the feet of a deer,
    he enables me to tread on the heights.

(Habakkuk, chapter 3, verses 2a, 4 and 19, New International Version)

 Last weekend, as you may already know, I was at a writer’s retreat for Christian women. I felt so blessed, surrounded by caring, like-minded women, enveloped in their love and encouragement, filled with God’s peace. I finished editing one novel, wrote two chapters on a new novel, and received invaluable advice.  

 I had hoped to write here today about my aha moment from the retreat. That single defining moment when something amazing clicked for me, I had an epiphany or felt the Hand of God typing my words. Was there that one single aha moment? No, of course not.

 Instead there were the ah moments.
 Lots of them.

 And the ha moments.
  I’m so blessed. The aha moments fill my every waking moment. Whether at a serene Bible Camp living for three days in a bubble or stumbling through the thousand and one mundane minutes which make up my life, I am blanketed by God’s grace.   


Lord, Father God, thank You so very much for everything You have put on this earth for us to enjoy. All glory goes to You. Amen.   

No comments: