Friday, September 7, 2018

2018 Camping Post #2 - Stepping Back in Time

 Welcome to the second day of our camping trip this past July. Tuesday morning, we drove from Bewabic State Park to Iron River and to the Iron County Historical Museum and Park in Caspian. It was only $10 per person to get in (Dino was free, but he had to stay outside the buildings, but there were enough of them to walk around). For all the buildings and exhibits they had, it was well worth the price. I wish we would have spent more time there, I don’t know why we didn’t except I guess sometimes a person can get overwhelmed with all that history.

 I would love to expound on each of these pictures, but that would take me forever. I’m just going to tell you that if you love history or Michigan’s UP, you need to take a drive to this place sometime.

 In the meantime, enjoy this small spattering of pictures. (With my usual snap-happiness, I took 140 pictures here. I am really gypping you by only share this many of them.)  




 Spending just ten minutes in this jail cell would deter me from a life of crime. 
The school house. 
 A typical miner's cabin. 

 And how the other one-half lived. (Or more like the one-twentieth.) 

 Inside the school house. 
 Mining at the turn of the last century was a dangerous life. 
What you think, Dino? Enough history for one day? 
 Definitely enough for this puppy. 

No comments: