Sunday, August 12, 2018

Will I Ever Walk in His Ways?


  Follow God’s example, therefore, as dearly loved children and walk in the way of love, just as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God. (Ephesians 5:1-2 New International Version)

 Wow, it’s only been two weeks since I wrote a Sunday inspirational blog post? Seems like so much longer. Here we are in the last official month of summer and it feels like my brain has gone on vacation without me. Or something like that.

 One month ago, when I was still at Lifest Christian Music Festival in Oshkosh, Bill Yonker was the speaker at Saturday morning worship. (He is the senior pastor at Immanuel Lutheran Church in East Dundee, Illinois, by the way.)  

He used the verse above as the topic of his message. And though I wrote that down in my little notebook that morning, I don’t remember what he all had to say about it.

It’s not too hard, though, to get the message out of this passage. And I feel that this past week I failed miserably in living in.

 “Walk in love, just as Christ loved us.” Did I do that last week? Only some of the time. Will I do that in the coming week? I may try but I will fail miserably, once again. Why? Because I am a sinner. I can try as hard as I can to live a Christ-like life, but I am never going to get it. At the end of the day, or the end of the week, all I can ask is for God’s forgiveness and for the people I have wronged to forgive me as well.

 Lord, God, Heavenly Father, forgive me of the long list of sins I continue to commit day in and day out. Thank You, Dear Lord, for sending Your Son to suffer and die for me so that I need not be a slave to my sin. Send Your Holy Spirit to strengthen me so I can begin to walk in Your ways. Amen   

No comments: