Tuesday, April 16, 2019

Keeping the Faith

I don’t usually blog on Tuesdays. I do usually blog on Sundays and I didn’t this week. Which I feel bad about. It was Palm Sunday and I should have written about the events of that first Palm Sunday, the triumphant ride of Jesus into the city which would condemn and kill him by the end of the week. What else could I have said?

Here it is Tuesday of Holy Week and as everyone knows Notre Dame Cathedral in Paris burned yesterday. I won’t recap the damage; I’m sure you’ve heard and seen pictures.

One source said something about the fall of the Cathedral is a symbol of the fall of Christianity across Europe. Others have said that, though this is an unfathomable loss, our faith lies not in any building. I would certainly have to agree with the second sentiment.

Which doesn’t change the fact that the entire world, not just the French people or Christians, has lost something magnificent. 

(Keeping with my code for blogging, I won’t borrow pictures from the internet. These are ones of places of worship I’ve visited from around the world.)

 
It's not so much where one worships, but that they keep the faith.

No comments: