Wednesday, April 24, 2019

The Present, the Past and the way Past

 This past Friday afternoon, Hubby and I returned from our week’s vacation to Virginia. I plan on eventually sharing the entire trip with you, along with many photos, but right now, I just have too many other things going on. I still haven’t looked at the nearly 700 pictures I took.

I thought I would post a quick look at the present, past and way past.

When I was in the late stages of planning this road trip, I noticed how close we were going to be to Monticello, the home of Thomas Jefferson, just outside of Charlottesville. I knew that Hubby would like it, so I mentioned it to him and then penciled it into the itinerary.  

It’s not as if I hadn’t been there before. Or that my family hadn’t been there long before that. 
 April 2019 – no one on the steps.
June 1972 – my sister Pat and I. The only thing I remember about that visit was the clock which measured both the time and the days, which hung over the front door. What a strange thing to remember. I think it was because my dad found it so fascinating.
1954 (not sure of the month) – my brother Tom and other sister Judy.
 Somethings change and some will always stay the same.


No comments: