Sunday, April 7, 2019

Never a Failure

   “Your beliefs about these things should be kept secret between you and God. A person is blessed if he can do what he thinks is right without feeling guilty.” Romans 14:22 International Children’s Bible

As I’ve already mentioned, I have been an abysmal failure at keeping my Lenten commitment this year – to find the gift and be the gift each day. A dumb thing to try to do, I now realize.

Earlier this week, I was bowled over by the following epiphany. Why am I not instead making the commitment to write something every day? Ask God to place a Bible verse on my heart and then write just a few lines, a short paragraph about it. And do it every single day. And you know what? Keep that going for a full year. And write it just for myself, for my own reflection and not feel it has to be good enough to share with anyone else. With that last thought in mind, you may never know what verses have popped in my head already this week. It’s between me and God.


Thank You, Lord, God, for continuing to follow my heart and lead me where I am supposed to go. Amen. 

No comments: